D.L. Moody started attending church at the age of 17 and later became a Christian at the age of 18. Not much later than that, he moved to Chicago. Three years later he started a Sunday School in the poor part of Chicago. That later turned into Illinois Street Independent Church, which is now known as Moody Memorial Church. The Great Chicago Fire destroyed his home, church, and YMCA. While traveling to raise funds to rebuild the church he decided to move back and concentrate on evangelism. He spent the rest of his life traveling thru the US and Europe, preaching and singing in front of large crowds.
- "If Christ comes into our hearts we are not ashamed."Topics: The Heart
- "Obedience means marching right on whether we feel like it or not. Many times we go against our feelings. Faith is one thing, feeling is another."Topics: Obedience, Feelings
- "A rule I have had for years is: to treat the Lord Jesus Christ as a personal friend. His is not a creed, a mere doctrine, but it is He Himself we have."Topics: Jesus, Friendship
- "There is no sin in the whole catalogue of sins you can name but Christ will deliver you from it perfectly."Topics: Sin
- "Unless the Spirit of God is with us, we cannot expect that our prayers will be answered."Topics: Prayer, Holy Spirit
- "Forgiveness is not that stripe which says, "I will forgive, but not forget." It is not to bury the hatchet with the handle sticking out of the ground, so you can grasp it the minute you want it."Topics: Forgiveness